East & West Coast Teachers
Evaluate the LTH Training for Teachers.
• Simple, well-presented, easily applicable in all areas: home, workplace, classroom.
• It is “need to know” information for the positive social development of us all.
• Good tools for life and classroom. Very reflective workshop that can help change thinking and
• The program is a good way to experience self-monitoring and self- reflection. Teaches about
• It gives great suggestions/examples to use in the classroom.
What they would say to another teacher who was not present?
• The program is insightful. It really matters how you respond whether verbally or non-verbally.
• The training teaches you to monitor anger so that you do not blow up in front of the students.
• Think about how your feelings effect the interactions you have with children.
• The training teaches you how to deal with a stressful situation.
• The program teaches what happens internally (physiologically) during a negative comment.
• It teaches you to think before you react. The training gives you skills to help you before emotional
• It teaches the importance of voicing appreciation/admirations to all you have relationships with
(students and others).
• Try it!
• The training is something to consider and remember as a component in teaching well.
• We really need to stop and think about how our students are reacting to our words.
What Part of the LTH program should be Taught to Improve the Quality of Teaching?
• The ability to self-regulate as a teacher and how to teach that to children.
• The power of our words.
• Learn to handle situations appropriately before they escalate.
• Teachers need to know how to deal with students who anger them so they don’t demean the
student and shut them down or cause their anger to escalate.